Featured Deco glass necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Jun 6, 2020.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

My last good find from the car boot sale today. Particularly interested in the long clear beads that have the black edges- do they have a proper name?. They have very sharp edges and appear to be cut glass whereas the cone shaped ones look pressed.
    Thanks for looking
    :)
    IMG_6254.JPG IMG_6253.JPG IMG_6252.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No idea, but I'd wear that!

johnnycb09, Bronwen and KSW like this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

How was the sale, any different to last year, did people keep their distance ?

Hemswell starts tomorrow, pitches two spaces apart with a one way system.

I'm not going as I have two more big jobs on, 8th and 15th, a week each, might be end of June before I can sell.

kyratango, KSW and Bronwen like this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Glad you approve as it was a little more than I like to pay but still a bargain. I've not got one with this type of bi-coloured glass which was my excuse. I've been coveting one in my local antiques mall which is blood red. If they ever reopen I'm going to buy it. It is WAY more than I ever pay for anything but I haven't seen another even similar. Just my luck it will have gone or the trader will have gone under!.

kyratango, Bronwen and Xristina like this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It was very quiet. The Saturday one near Cheltenham racecourse is always quieter than the Sunday one but I've got to work tomorrow so I can't go and I needed to get out today!. I normally don't bother with it as they say seller set up at 12 which actually means they set up at 8.30 and are packing up by 11.30. Pointless for the poor people who actually turn up at 12!. There is an excellent one on Saturdays at Dursley but it hasn't started yet.
    Weather was a bit iffy to which may have put people off. Lots of overpriced stuff with people being a bit ambitious. Not much of interest there but I was glad to find this necklace,some real pearls and the window and lamp on my other thread.
    A few people wearing masks and I took my own hand sanitiser. I was very careful about trying not to get boxed in but some people are clueless!. I would wait politely two metres away for them to finish looking and then they turn and walk into me!. Then the gormless ones table blocking whilst they wait for their mum/dad/auntie/dog to finish looking. Or I would be looking at something and someone comes and stands right next to me!. I tutted a few times and rolled my eyes but you can't educate stupid. I avoided the food and the toilets!.

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

8. evelyb30

I've been to a few estate sales, including one tag/estate sale this morning, but no flea markets. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable in that atmosphere either.

Sometimes that old jewelry fools people.

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I was fully prepared to abandon if it was too busy. There were a couple of late arriving sellers who were besieged when they were unpacking and I stayed well away. I felt the organisers should have stepped in to keep people back as it wasn't fair on the sellers. I much prefer the sales where they keep ALL buyers out until a certain time to let the sellers set up.

Any Jewelry, kyratango and bercrystal like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous necklace, K, love it. 1920s imo.
    I agree. When I still sold at second hand markets (that's what they're called here, no car boots, they're indoors) I used to hate buyers rummaging through my boxes before I had set up my stall.
    I always packed everything systematically for easy set-up, but my system went out the window if people had been unpacking my boxes and grabbing things. They wouldn't stop if you asked them nicely.:rolleyes: And they would keep asking me questions while I was trying to get organised.:banghead:

kyratango, i need help and KSW like this.
  11. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I started selling at York 28 years ago, I was a bit green and the punters knew I was new and they would swarm the back of the SUV.

Many of them received a 9 inch cold wet thing forced down their throats as a sign of affection.

They never came back for a second kiss.:hilarious::hilarious:

dempsey.PNG

One of the recipients is now an MP in Parliament.
    He told me he had the taste in his mouth for days and felt like rinsing with bleach.

12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:hilarious:

kyratango likes this.
  13. evelyb30

Meanwhile the poor love sponge was wondering what he did wrong. :p:p:p

14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It’s so rude to harass sellers and I wonder if stuff often gets stolen at that point?. Fierce dog is the way forwards. Sadly mine is unlikely to fit the guard dog criteria......
    IMG_1089.jpg IMG_9572.jpg IMG_1337.jpg

aaroncab, Houseful, SBSVC and 10 others like this.
  15. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

That is hilarious KSW! :):singing::kiss::cat:

KSW likes this.
  16. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

He’s a darling!. I think (hope) he would defend us by making a noise and I’m fairly sure he may have a go at someone who came near the girls.

Lucille.b and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I have a similar! BUT PHATTER! K HE IS GORGEOUS
    [​IMG]

LOVE your necklace. I have a similar again! But mine isn't as nice as yours, just black & white and not as posh . No idea where it is...so pleased to hear you got Booty Booty today too xx

18. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Cutie dog!. Barney is a Saluki and does the permanently anorexic bit. Lives on puppy food and if he has ANY stress he goes skeletal!. Embarrassing when people don't know the breed as they think you starve your dog. Fastest thing on 4 legs though.

19. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I've had sighthounds all my life...this one is the phattest I've had. The other two were more whippety than she is and everyone thought they were starved xx

20. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted