Featured Deep relief floral art glass vase in metal frame - maker? Similar to Verlys

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gimbler-dave, Aug 19, 2018.

1. gimbler-dave

gimbler-dave Well-Known Member

This reminds me of Verlys, but I don't think they made this. Does anyone recognize the maker? The only mark I see is a "1" in a circle on the bottom, but maybe I am missing something hidden in the design. Thank you ... Dave
    db_3dvase_01.JPG
    db_3dvase_02.JPG
    db_3dvase_03.JPG
    db_3dvase_04.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

4. gimbler-dave

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BOARED!

Absolutely Lovely!!!!!!!

yourturntoloveit and i need help like this.
  6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The metal frame(ormolu) is likly an aftermarket add on. I would look at Tiffin and Fostoria in the 1920s for the glass.

gimbler-dave likes this.
  7. gimbler-dave

I caught the Tiffin earlier and see their similar glass. I haven't found that fern pattern yet but will check Fostoria. I've gone over the piece several times looking for any Verlys mark, but nothing - I've seen it on shades well hidden in the design, but now seeing how similar pieces from the other manufacturers can be, I'm doubtful of Verlys.

8. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

The vase might reminds me of a Phonix vase I have

gimbler-dave and i need help like this.
  9. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

10. gimbler-dave

Very nice catch msgood2shoe! Thank you!

11. gimbler-dave

12. gimbler-dave

You might have to click on "view original item" - I was hoping the long link would go direct, but no luck (bad eBay!).

13. gimbler-dave

Draft saved Draft deleted