Dentist tools

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Leonardo Scherer, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Leonardo Scherer

Leonardo Scherer Well-Known Member

Hey guys, my father is a dental prosthetics, and so he has lots of dentist friends. One of them, a very old and weird (in a nice way) guy (he had a jaguar rug that he killed, boar tusks that my father got for me too, bear in mind that hunting is illegal here in Brazil so, that is very old, a human skull, several old guns that are also illegal and so on...), when he died, his son said that my father could go to this house and pick some stuff if he wanted to, and so he got the boar tusks that I have mounted (you can see them in the back ground of my profile picture) and this set of dentist tool. According to my father it was used to make gold theeth. I believe this is about 60 years old or more.

All I have done to it is clean de dust off and apply some oil to the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Does look like a set of forms for modeling crowns & bridges. Don't know anything about how this used to be done, whether these would be specifically for making gold parts or could have been used with some other material. Looks older than 60 years to me, so gold may have been one of the few materials available for the purpose.

i need help likes this.
  3. Cyndie Cherry-Miskelly

Cyndie Cherry-Miskelly Active Member

I have a friend who happened to be at the right place at the right time and got an *entire* doctor's office full of all his things, including gold and another material, as valuable as gold and all of his the tools, dental cabinets, etc; From what he said, they only usewd gold back then, as no other material would hold up. There, I'm sure you know this, are many sites that people collect and buy only old doctor tools, etc;

Draft saved Draft deleted