Featured Depression era? Worth?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Shawn13, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Shawn13

Shawn13 New Member

Wondering if anyone can tell me the worth of a set of dressers like these?

Attached Files:

Jivvy, Christmasjoy, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think it's earlier, Belle Epoque to use the British term for it? The shape is all wrong for Depression era as is the veneer. The wheels are dead on for pre-WWI. Beyond that I haven't a clue.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think 20s. Just passed buy similar bedroom furniture for $30.00 each piece that was in a bit worse condition than this at a local thrift. I might have sprung the $30.00 for this one if the only missing veneer is what we see and good condition otherwise. Loss of veneers significantly affect value on such furniture. Good candidates for paint, though it would be a shame to paint these beautiful veneers. At retail and in good condition, no more than $150.00 here in my Midwest location. You might do better (or worse) in other locations.

Figtree3, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  5. Shawn13

Shawn13 New Member

Thanks to all that replied I should be purchasing 3 pieces off someone tommorow for $ 50 . Going to clean up a little and try to re sell them.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Figtree3, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Good price for 3 pieces. Hope there is not too much veneer loss.

judy likes this.
  7. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I agree with verybrad... 1920's. If in good condition, that's a great price. Really captures the era and will look nice in the right spot.

judy likes this.
  8. Shawn13

Shawn13 New Member

I went to look today at them and there's some Mark's and wear but for how old they are I'd say 7/10 condition. I tried to look for where the veneer would be on the pieces and I could not find where it would have been. And there is a cedar chest I guess which is the third piece and couldn't completely tell if it went with the other 2 pieces that definitely matched. I'll post second piece so you guys can see.

judy likes this.
  9. Shawn13

Shawn13 New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted