Did I accidentally buy a real fur coat?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Rhianna, May 24, 2022.

1. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

IMG_5447.jpg Hello!

Any help would be massively appreciated. I recently brought a coat from a second hand store. It was $85 AUD which is about $60 USD, so not a lot of money at all even for a real leather coat.

The coat has no labels anywhere and no signs in the stitching that there ever was labels, on the inner lining however there was a post it note (image attached)

I instantly fell in love and it appears to be genuine leather, I did however assume the fur was fake given the cost, that being said, it is so soft and I have done a burn test on a strand from it and it didn't give off the plastic scent google suggested!

Thank you in advance for any assistance :)

Rhi x

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2022
    Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

soft hairs and guard hairs......

it looks real....
    maybe fox..........hard to tell from yer pics...:(

Figtree3, Rhianna, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agree, it looks real, and a very nice coat..
    With more people avoiding real fur, prices have gone down.
    It may not have been hugely expensive in the first place, it looks like the fur could have originated in China. There was a time when Chinese fur was cheaper than fake fur. That doesn't mean the quality was low, just that the costs were.

Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

Yes my pictures weren’t the best due to the 1mb limit! Thank you for your reply i think i might re-donate it in that case!

5. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

Yes that makes a lot of sense actually! Thank you so much for the little lesson ☺️❤️

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted