Dietz Little wizard lantern age?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by mountaingirl757, May 29, 2020.

1. mountaingirl757

mountaingirl757 New Member

My dad bought me this Dietz Little Wizard last year and was wondering about the possible age. I cannot see a date on the tube and I will not be removing the paint to try to find it. Yes it is missing the fuel tank cap. Any idea on how old it may be. The front of the globe says LOC-NOB with an H above it and Rec'd in USA under the LOC part. The back of the globe has Dietz Little wizard N.Y. USA. You can't see in the picture but on the tank it has DIETZ N.Y. USA and on the other side Little wizard.

Attached Files:

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Only way to be sure is to find the date code on the tube. I have a couple of them that are in better shape than the one you have that are from the late 20's, but I also have a couple that look worse that are from the 40's. All you know for sure is it is newer than 1926. Sorry I was so much help.

Aquitaine and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    You can purchase a new cap for your lantern online like eBay. I found one years ago and it was missing the cap. I used a wine bottle cap with a cork for a replacement. I love Dietz lanterns.
    greg

mountaingirl757 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted