dishes with heart apple and exotic bird

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Aug 18, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I came across some coffee cups and small plates with heart apple and exotic bird patterns on them. The coffee cups dimensions are roughly 3 5/8" top diameter from side to side x 3 1/8" bottom diameter x 2 1/8" height and the plates are nearly 6 1/8" top diameter from side to side x 4" bottom diameter x 1/2" Height. I can not find them in my search. I would like to ask for help in the company and pattern?

However, I came across this in my research that I thought was similar and was wondering if this could have been the company who made mine as follows:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arabia-Suo...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
    Thank you for the assistance in my requests. Rob
    IMG_2632small.JPG IMG_2640small.JPG

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

That looks so familiar to me. But I can't place it.
    First thing that popped into my head was Arabia of Finland but I could be wrong

3. rknarr2

I think that is the person or company that I found similar from my request above, I came across this in my research that I thought was similar and was wondering if this could have been the company who made mine as follows:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337485078&toolid=10001&mpre=https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arabia-Suo...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

4. rknarr2

I tried to research this pattern for this set of dishes but without success. After not finding the pattern on replacements.com, I requested a search through replacements.com They responded that they would like to have back stamp picture sent to them. However, there are no back stamps on these plates. So, I sent picture of the back of the plate and explained there were no back stamps. Boy was I surprised when I read their additional comments see below as follows:

PATTERN 1, IMAGE 1 + 2

Unfortunately, we could not identify your pattern. We appreciate your interest and hope to serve you in the future.

• Additional Comments: This is not Arabia. This is more than likely Royal China from the USA.

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It looks very familiar to me too though I doubt I ever knew who made it. I thought American when I first saw it but that was just a gut reaction, probably because it reminds me of the Pennsylvania Dutch style that was so popular.....1980s or so. It rather looks to me like a hobbiest could have painted the Arabia plate.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Bakersgma likes this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Metlox, because the outer part is the same as California Provincial. My internet just went down. :(

7. rknarr2

Thank you for the lead. Hope your internet comes back sooner than later. Rob

8. rknarr2

Thank you for the lead. I have about 5 dinner plates. One of the dinner plates had a stress crack close to the edge of the plate and broke off. Ended up trashing that plate. I also have small plates and saucers, coffee cups, too. You can see additional images in these plates than in the small plates, saucers and coffee cups. The backs of the other dinner plates is more like the left side in the second picture I think. Rob
    IMG_4979small.JPG IMG_4981small.JPG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted