Dixie Dressers value?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by JamieG123, Aug 20, 2018.

1. JamieG123

JamieG123 New Member

Hi there,

I have these two Dixie dressers and was wondering an approximate value? They are both in very good condition.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jamie

Attached Files:

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Very 1960s,and look to be wood as opposed to laminate. Value depends really on where you are. if you are in NYC,$500 or more,if you are in Nowhere Iowa,$50. Love them,and the lamps!

judy and James Conrad like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Johnny is spot-on. I might add that how you are selling will also make a difference in value. Here in my semi-rural Midwest location, under $250.00 for the pair at retail. Significantly less at auction or other wholesale type venue. These have nice MCM lines so would perform better than most other used brown furniture

4. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

We're getting higher prices in The South for that style right now. I'd put the chest at $250 and the dresser & mirror at $300 at an estate sale. If they follow the current trend, I'd expect them to sell over the phone prior to the sale. They can't get enough of them in the Athens, GA area and that's where most of our buyers are taking them for resale.

On a side note, I'd price that wonderful lamp $145.

5. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

GREAT! glad to hear somebody is getting higher prices for furniture.

judy likes this.
  6. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

We're starting to see an upturn in sales of traditional brown furniture too. The prices are still low, but there has been a noticeable change this past year.

James Conrad and judy like this.
  7. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Here in Iowa, not far from Nowhere, I saw the chest go at an estate sale for $100 a few weeks ago.

8. JamieG123

JamieG123 New Member

I agree that there is a big demand for them in the South these days. I'm in Upstate SC and the Asheville, Charlotte, Greenville area is vying for anything MCM. Thanks a bunch for the input!

James Conrad likes this.
  9. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Neat, I am in Charlotte and didn't know that!

Draft saved Draft deleted