Djer Kiss compact

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Dimmuborgir, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Dimmuborgir

Dimmuborgir New Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg I am a new member to this site. I'm looking for some more information on the item I have. To my knowledge so far it is a powder compact produced around 1925 out of Paris. I would like to know how you can determine the value of such an item with the original box included. No one seems to have the box. I'm not looking to sell the item, just wanting to be directed to a source where I can find more information. Any help would be greatly appreciated! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A good place to start is with an internet image search. Yahoo brings up this:

Djer Kiss

Debora

3. Dimmuborgir

Dimmuborgir New Member

Thanks for the info., I'll start there!

4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, be still my heart. That compact is lovely. ;)

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Ebay sold results show they go for around $30 apiece on average,but thats not mint condition with box . I cant help but think that would bring a higher price.

6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

7. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Good find - here is what was said about it -

[​IMG]
    The highly collectible Djer Kiss 'Kissing Fairies'
    case released in 1925
    With some fine tuning to Jaroslawski’s basic design the famous ‘Kissing Fairies’ vanity case was released in 1925. While the case is highly collectable today it had a relatively short life in the marketplace of the day. Not only was it quite heavy it was also bulky and women were starting to look for slimmer, lighter cases. The kissing fairies were also becoming old fashioned and by 1925 Art Nouveau imagery was giving way to new ideas as the Art Deco era dawned.
    The kissing fairies vanity case would be the last legacy of the Rowland Smith- inspired fairy theme because in January 1926 the Alfred H Smith Company was bought by V Vivaudou Inc for $1.5 million. In the purchase Vivaudou Inc, which by then, had no involvement with the perfumer Victor Vivaudou, also acquired the ‘Djer-Kiss’ line of perfumes and cosmetics. The Smith family ended its association with ‘Djer-Kiss’ from that time. While the intention was for the ‘Djer-Kiss’ line to continue to operate as a separate business there would inevitably be corporate compromises that would be made and the brand would never really be the same

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

becoming old fashioned and by 1925 Art Nouveau imagery was giving way to new ideas as the Art Deco era dawned.

Now that I have to remember !!!!!:banghead:

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Yours looks to be in MUCH MORE original condition than the one that seller is asking $100. for on eBay. Yours is at least ALL THERE!!!!! If any part of that company is out there, I'd see if they have any interest or at least an idea of value.

10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

For what it is worth, my reference book from 2004 gives this compact a value of $100 to $150. They do not mention the original box.

Peggy

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

but as we all know...a box in good shape.....adds value !! :happy:

Aquitaine likes this.
  12. Dimmuborgir

Dimmuborgir New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted