DOCTOR'S STORAGE UNIT FIND #4 - Da VINCI'S VITRUVIAN MAN w/PARTS HIGHLIGHTED - BY WHO?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Apr 25, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This is another piece of art found in a doctor's storage unit won at auction - it is Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man. But the unusual thing is parts of it is highlighted in silver - who highlighted it?

It also has a mark (lower middle, left side)that looks like Da Vinci's initials - is it a mark from his estate?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

AA ART PRINT DA VINCI Vitruvian Man 1AA RESIZED.JPG AA ART PRINT DA VINCI Vitruvian Man 3A_AA RESIZED.JPG AA ART PRINT DA VINCI Vitruvian Man 4AA RESIZED.JPG AA ART PRINT DA VINCI Vitruvian Man 5AA RESIZED.JPG AA ART PRINT DA VINCI Vitruvian Man 6AA RESIZED.JPG

pearlsnblume and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The monogram looks like LB to me. Could have been put their by an owner, the way Lorenzo Medici had his treasures marked.

i need help likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

i need help and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It's definitely part of the reproduction. I was thinking the question was whether it was from Leonardo's estate & I meant no, but maybe some Italian big shot who came into possession of it. Suspect question is the one you answered.

i need help likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I thought journey was asking about Leonardo's estate too, at first. But thought I would also make sure, in case he was referring to the "doctor."

i need help and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted