Does anybody recognize this bottle/vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by desperate_fun, Dec 17, 2015.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

A friend on another board is wondering if anybody could come up with a maker for this vase. (I think it may have been a liquor bottle but the top doesn't look right for a cap or cork)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

bottle.jpg

KingofThings and cxgirl like this.
  2. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

that is one very strange bottle/vase/whatever, and I mean that in a good way!! perhaps a couple more pics of the side and bottom view? Never saw a figural quite like that.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It might also be useful to retake the picture with the bottle against a solid (dark?) background. The tote and its contents behind the bottle may be interfering with whatever (if any) body part formations the bottle has below the neck.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I saw a similar one about 6 months ago, it was a liquor bottle with part of the label on it. I didn't buy it but I believe it was from Spain or maybe Italy (going by memory so I can't say for sure):)

KingofThings likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

what is that bottle komokwa? It looks like Aunt Jemima to me:)

*crs* and KingofThings like this.
  7. desperate_fun

I have asked for more photos. I am going to start asking for better photos before I start asking questions. I know better. LOL

*crs* and KingofThings like this.
  8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Reminds me of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup.:rolleyes:
    greg

9. desperate_fun

Greg,

I had that impression as well, but no threads on the top of the vase/bottle.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Auntie!!!!
    Where have you been!!!
    It's 'clear' you haven't given a damn pancake about us and just flipped off wherever to cap off your life adventures.
    We've missed you at breakfast every day!!! :(
    ~
    I'm sorry... I didn't mean to get so syrupy about it.
    :wideyed::eek::rolleyes:

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

So maybe you'rs had a cork ?
    It's all I could come up with.

KingofThings likes this.
  12. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

The face makes me think maybe a Scandinavian glass maker. A monk or nun?

Draft saved Draft deleted