Does anyone have an idea what this was used for?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Lisa hanson, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Lisa hanson

Lisa hanson Student of the Past

Hello everyone,
    It's been awhile since I ran up on something I couldn't figure out. But yesterday, while out at the family heritage farm, I ran across this little wood object.
    At first I thought if was a "plant stand" to keep water off a table but the base is narrow and thinner than the top. Also, the base, thinner and more narrow, is unfinished.
    I'll be doing more cleaning soon, so you maybe seeing more items from me ... not sure if that's a promise or a threat! ha ha ha

anundverkaufen likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

We can not see your photos. Please check if they are marked private or public.

3. Lisa hanson

4. Lisa hanson

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Did this help? I really need to spend more time with everyone on this site so I remember how to use it. Let me know if you can see the images now.

i need help and anundverkaufen like this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Images are displayed but no idea what the object is - is it part of something and what size is it?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a base that had something glued to it...

kyratango likes this.
  7. Lisa hanson

That's what I thought too however there is no glue residue or sediment on the smaller surface. The large, finished surface measures 6mm h X 20.5mm w X 25mm L. Smaller unfinished surface is 5mm X 15mm

8. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I'd be scared about the bottom face, looks pissed for some reason - LOL!

264761-9868128fd9b566558d3541f08b6b0ca3.jpg

kyratango likes this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Size? Maybe an antique hat form/mold.

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Took the words right out of my keyboard, Brad. It's definitely a mold. If not for a hat, for sand casting?

11. Lisa hanson

Never thought of the hat mold idea. Nor did I notice the eye's before!! But now that I have, they remind me of all the "sets of eyes" at the beginning of the Scooby Doo cartoons!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted