Does anyone have any idea what this shirt was made for? Just curious.

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by ulilwitch, Jan 4, 2022.

1. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

This womans shirt is a listed item at an estate sale I am going this weekend. Does anyone recognize it. I tried everything I could think of. Can't find anything even close to it. If anyone would like to look at the sale it is listed on Estatesales.net. Rags to Riches.
    estate sale•2 day sale •3 days away If you see something you would like me to pick up for you just let me know and I would be happy to do that. white cotton shirt with red piping.jpg

judy and dude like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

ulilwitch, judy and dude like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thats a very modest home. I didnt really see very much worth pursuing. Personally I think that shirt was maybe something the lady of the house whipped up in home ec class or the like. Off hand it reminded me of something Shirley Temple would have worn .

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Must have really meant something to someone.

Debora

Born2it, ulilwitch and dude like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything crazy in the pictures, but would go if local and dig around the jewelery. You'd be surprised was estate dealers miss. OTOH the way my luck has been running, it would all be standard Avon, Napier and Monet, aka Nayvon, Nopier and No Monay. (minimal relsale on any of them)

6. Matahari

Matahari Well-Known Member

Possibly a "first effort" ( My mother cherished my first effort for ever, much to my embarrasement :arghh:

Could some kind soul explain to me how to see the listing, as if I look up Estatesales.net. Rags to Riches. there are quite a few answers

7. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

I’m completely stumped, and that doesn’t happen to me that often when it comes to clothes. I’m no expert, but I can usually at least hazard a guess. I second the request for a link, please, I really want to know how it is described!

ulilwitch and judy like this.
  8. Matahari

At the bottom of my posting is written

" Born2it, ulilwitch, judy and 1 other person like this"

does that mean that ulilwitch has passed by in the past 10 days but doesn't deem our requests worth a reply ?

9. Matahari

ulilwitch was last seen:
    Today at 2:20 AM

seems that way ...

clap c.gif

judy likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

@ulilwitch .......maybe u could explain to this member what a "Like " means , and why you gave them a like, without responding to their post......or ' when ' the like was given....

I would.....but with such a negative tone to the question....

I'd likely lose my shit.....;):(:(:(

BoudiccaJones and judy like this.
  11. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

It looks to me like the top half of a "bathing costume"... the bottom a short skirt - probably with bloomers underneath! bathing costume 1.jpg bathing costume 2.jpg

I actually think it is darling! I can picture the skirt having little red stripes! Cool find!
    Leslie

Firemandk, Born2it and Bakersgma like this.
  12. ulilwitch

Oh my, you really need to use your manners. We "like" your post to let you know that we read it and thought it was nice. If I did not answer your question it was because I read by it too fast and forgot to answer. My sincere apologies.

BoudiccaJones and komokwa like this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& that's why I asked u to answer....;);););)..:)

ulilwitch likes this.
  14. ulilwitch

It wasn't described at all. It was just in the photos of the items that were up for sale. No one at the estate sale knew what it was either so I guess it's all just a guess. It was the first sale I went to after being in the Hospital and being stuck at home with pneumonia for the entire month of December. I only checked things occasionally and didn't do a very good job of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted