Featured Does anyone have any insight into this cabinet maker/value?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Catherine Tyrrell, Dec 24, 2019.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1900 oak side by side. A little more unusual than some since most have a drop-front desk on the right where yours has a flat surface.

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Agree late 1800s, early 1900. Has a little Art Nouveau influence.
    I think a dining room piece, more of a sideboard, linen, flatware, china and crystal storage.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Absolutely. That gives it that extra attraction.

4. I have never seen another like it, so it makes determining the value quite difficult. The oak side by sides I've found online range tremendously in price!

5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I'm liking the three little pigs!

Ghopper1924 and i need help like this.
  6. Thanks! I have a small collection of what I call 'fairy tale porcelain'. I picked up the pigs and wolf (salt and pepper shakers) at an antique store several years ago. I do not collect Disney, or anything like that, so it makes collecting these a challenge, which is good. It has to be old school fairy tale related, hence my 'Jack and Jill', Three Little Pigs, etc. I almost bought an old European 'Mary had a Little Lamb' several years ago, but couldn't justify the price of $130 at the time. I would LOVE to find a Puss n' Boots!

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Value is very dependent on where you are and how you sell. We would be under $300.00 at retail on this in my semi-rural Midwest location. 1/3 to 1/2 that at auction or other wholesale selling situation. You might do better (or worse) in other locations.

8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I REALLY LOVE IT !!!! .. Joy. :):):):):):)

9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I'd like to see the inside of the drawers, joints, back. Sometimes you can learn more from what's going on behind the scenes so to speak

10. clutteredcloset49

11. I will post some more photos of the craftsmanship in a day or two. I still have holiday company and work to get back to. ... I was told several years ago by a family member that there had been an appraisal on it, and that it was worth a minimum of $1400 then. I've had it in my possession for many years now. I fell in love with it when I was a very little girl. My grandmother said I used to stand in front of it and stare at the carvings in the wood.

12. clutteredcloset49

I'm sorry to tell you that in today's market it is only about 1/4 -1/3 of that appraisal, if you are lucky. That would be a dealer's price, and dependent on where they are located.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  13. All the more reason to keep enjoying it!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  14. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

And it's in excellent condition! Refinished?

Draft saved Draft deleted