Does anyone know the history of this company?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by VickyRenee, Jul 14, 2018.

1. VickyRenee

VickyRenee Active Member

2018-07-14 18.03.28.png 2018-07-14 14.12.04.png 2018-07-14 14.12.21.png Kent Industries
    I cannot find anything on it and was hoping someone might know?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

There's very little that's more difficult or frustrating than trying to research the history of companies that have gone extinct or defunct or been absorbed by some larger company. The graphics on your spray canister look very 1970s, so much could have transpired since it was made. However, we'd bet (a very small amount) it's still in business with a different logo, here:
    http://www.finduslocal.com/whol-aut...ohome-supplies/ohio/cleveland/kent-industries

Or they may be what's now Kent Automotive, having been bought out by and become a subsidiary of Lawson Products:
    https://www.kent-automotive.com/

Or they may no longer exist at all, in which case you might try doing a search for news of their demise at one of the newspaper archive sites on the web.
    Good luck finding out whatever it is exactly that you're looking for!

3. VickyRenee

VickyRenee Active Member

Thank you for the information you provided!
    I'm going to check them out.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4627BD78-4DD4-4ED7-92A5-FCB58631EDFD.jpeg I don’t know yet when it started or ended ( if it has ) but they were in existence in The 50s.
    I couldn’t get a clearer picture, as the ad was removed.

5. VickyRenee

VickyRenee Active Member

I saw that one too! But nothing else.
    Thank you for that!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

The United States Postal System adopted (implemented) the 5-digit zip code on July 1, 1963, so in my opinion that can of "battery sealer protector" would date no earlier than that date (i.e., not older than 55 years). ;)

7. VickyRenee

VickyRenee Active Member

You guys are correct! The can says Rev 7/72

Draft saved Draft deleted