Does anyone know the year of production for this Gucci mug?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dahlia, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Dahlia

Dahlia New Member

From what I could find out, the pattern is Flora. The Flora scarf was designed in 1966 and I learned that Gucci acquired Richard Ginori in 2013 but I haven't been able to find when Gucci actually started making fine bone china. So I am assuming sometime in between those years but if anyone happens to know for sure, please let me know. Thanks!

IMG_4666.jpeg IMG_4667.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

There's a number of these floating around the internet. Here's a set in their original display case.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-6-G...123418350722?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

GUCCI got a little crazy in the mid-1970s/mid-1980s and added an odd assortment of branded items. That's also the time people started drinking out of tall, thin mugs. I would suspect these date to then. This seller who has GUCCI mugs but in a different pattern agrees. (The pattern on yours is more desirable.)

https://vintagebymisty.com/products/gucci-porcelain-flora-holiday-motif-mug-set

Debora

Dahlia and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The shape is typical of Staffordshire mugs in the 70s/80s, agreed. I think all Gucci were involved in was designing the transfer.

pearlsnblume and Dahlia like this.
  4. Dahlia

Dahlia New Member

Thank you so much! Very helpful!

5. Dahlia

Dahlia New Member

Thank you so much for the info! I appreciate it!

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted