Does anyone know this artist?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by stfx12, Aug 5, 2020.

1. stfx12

stfx12 Member

Hey all

I picked up this sketch at the local thrift and I’m having a hard time with the last name. I believe the first is “Stephen” but can’t seem to make out the last name. I think a second set of eyes is needed here!

626BD3B0-4396-4D6C-BCC0-D52718C25BD7.jpeg A04CE1AD-9474-46E6-9956-C6DD934F7054.jpeg

2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Maybe Baelton? Can’t find anything but looks like a competent vintage pen/ink watercolor and if you’re internet selling you’ve got lots of keywords:
    Vintage 1973 70s Pen Ink Watercolor Building Tenement House Unique and the artist once you nail the name but I doubt that the name is important.

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I see "Bretson" ?

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Can't tell the last name, but it's unique, well done and I LIKE it!!!!

reader likes this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

breedon?

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Bretton.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I was thinking Bretton is most likely, but really can't tell. Also wondered about Britton. But it's hard to tell because each letter "e" in the name is closed up as an "i" would be.

Draft saved Draft deleted