Does Anyone Know Who Made These Vintage Art Glass Signed Perfume Atomizer Bottle?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by daludolou, Jul 18, 2021.

1. daludolou

daludolou Member

PXL_20210718_190908704.jpg PXL_20210718_191658333.jpg PXL_20210718_193604430.jpg Hi everyone!

A relative has passed away and I have received a few of the person's belongings. One of them being a very nice atomiser. I do believe that the pump is nothing special but the glass looks really well made and has a signature. It is really tricky to find out what it says.

La Rolhue?
    La Rochue?

Would much appreciate if anyone would recognize it and could tell me something more about it. Perhaps also interpret the signature.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2021
    cxgirl likes this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

There appears to be similarities, but I can't make the call!!!! The last name looks the most similar....:jawdrop::rolleyes:
    OP'S Inverted:
    PXL_20210718_193604430-INVERTED-standard-scale-2_00x-gigapixel.jpg

And the Signature that @cxgirl found, also Inverted:
    NOT OPS IMAGE.jpg

komokwa, daludolou and kyratango like this.
  4. daludolou

daludolou Member

Thanks both for prompt answers! Yes La Rochere definitely seems to be the signature. Must have been an slight misspelling in the carving! Good find! I thought I had searched everywhere.

cxgirl likes this.
  5. daludolou

daludolou Member

La Rochere is the oldest continuously working glass factory in Europe located in the forests of the Lorraine and Franche-Comté regions that provided firewood for furnaces and ferns, the ashes of which made the potash necessary for the glass fusion. [1]

[​IMG]
    La Rochere
    In 1475 the founder Simon de Thysac, "Gentleman glassmaker", obtained permission to manufacture glasses at the "Rochiers", this is preserved in the National Archive in France. The production site is opened and the "hand made" manufacture of crystal glasses is shown and explained to visitors.

(From wiki).

They seem to have a homepage(https://www.larochere.com/?lang=en) and a contact email so I reached out to them. I will keep you posted if I receive any information from them!

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's La Rochere. And by coincidence, look what I bought yesterday!

E44B.jpg E44D.jpg

7. daludolou

daludolou Member

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted