Featured Does anyone recognise this hallmark? Silver and amber spider.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Number 47, May 6, 2020.

1. Number 47

Number 47 Active Member

Hi guys, this was sold to me as not hallmarked. I have found tiny hallmarks on one leg and would like to know more about it but don't even know where to start bar google searches. If I even had an idea of country it would be a start.
    I haven't managed to photograph it, camera will not focus as it is too small. I have tried to draw it, the fonts are as best as I could but my art skills are non existent, please don't laugh. It is what looks to be a worn crown in a semi circle then a rectangle with a G over 925 and what looks to be a skull face or a knight in a helmet to the right. It's on this spider, my drawing is below.

P1030050.JPG

P1030049.JPG

20200506_193654.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

elarnia, moontymes, lovewrens and 4 others like this.
  2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Having learned this info on this forum - I'll take a stab at this :) The mark on the right is for Poland (Post 1986) with G being the indicator for the city of Gdansk. The 925 indicates sterling silver.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Love the artwork No 47!.
    I identify the mark on the right to be the grumpy old girl who lives two doors down from us. The one on the left is her cave.:troll:.

6. Number 47

Number 47 Active Member

Thanks guys. This is a great site for getting an education. I have history with Poland having lived there for 18 months in the noughties. I have swum in Wadzislowowo, did not know you could find amber there until now. I suppose the worn half moon was a makers mark but it is too far gone I suspect to identify. Will have another go with the loupe but it is inside a leg and I have so far poked various legs up my nose trying to get into it to see. Thanks for all the help.

stracci, aaroncab, Xristina and 3 others like this.
  7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Lol, I learned very early on to keep my finger over the sharp end of a brooch pin whilst looking for hallmarks :hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted