Does anyone recognize the pattern of these pink glasses are they older or newer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

1541534696206275992321.jpg 1541534745078-1393362621.jpg 1541528190541-1595158845.jpg 1541534745078-1393362621.jpg 1541528190541-1595158845.jpg , they are approximately 6 and a quarter inches tall thanks.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OOOOOOH!!!! Invisible glasses......been looking fer them fer YEARS!!!!!! Seriously......having trouble loading them??

Mugzinnys and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Mugzinnys

Trying to get these pictures up it's difficult rain storms in New York slow connection

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Well .. I LOVE the one pink glass that is showing up .. love the colour and would definately give them housing room .. :) ... Joy.

Mugzinnys and Aquitaine like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NOW, THAT I call very pretty!!!!! But I am HORRIBLE at patterns.....here 'tis full size...... 1541528190541-1595158845.jpg

6. Mugzinnys

looks like purplish pink. Well I decided to get them without knowing who made them. Now that I am back home from a mad day at the thrift store 50% off Election Day Sale, burnt out from the crowds I can concentrate relax and take some better images on these glasses. These purplish pink goblet wit twisted stems.

They look a lot like and may be
    Water GobletLisa Cranberry (Non Optic)by BORGFELDT, GEORGE

https://www.replacements.com/p/borg...h_crystal&CAWELAID=620000250002557807&irgwc=1

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

They look like some crystal ones I have at the store.
    I discovered mine were Czechoslovakian.

8. Mugzinnys

here some better images looks like the Lisa pattern by George Borgfeldt. Is Borgfeldt a Czechoslovakian Name? If they are the Lisa pattern they are 6 1/4" water Goblet.These glasses are paper thin would that make them hand blown? 20181106_213750.jpg 20181106_213756.jpg 20181106_225013.jpg 20181106_225039.jpg

Born2it and i need help like this.
  9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Those are fabulous! They do very well over on the 'bay. Good Find!

You could sell an even 8 and then keep one for yourself!

i need help, judy and Mugzinnys like this.
  11. Mugzinnys

Question How to distinguish an optic glass from a non optic glass?

judy likes this.
  12. Mugzinnys

Thanks clutteredcloset49 for the history of George Borgfeldt they may very well have been hand blown glass imported from Czechoslovakia

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  13. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I believe that the R site shows both the plain and the vertical optic. The Optic version of the glass has what I think of as a panel in the glass. Vertical optic means the panel goes up and down the stem and you can see the line of the optic panel. Plain is plain, no embellishments in the glass.

Mugzinnys, i need help and judy like this.
  14. Mugzinnys

Hi Pam I can see paneled like line in the glass up and down the cranberry section of the glass. you stated up and down the stem are you talking about the bowl of the glass also.
    Thanks Mervin

i need help likes this.
  15. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I mis-spoke. I meant to write up and down the bowl, not the stem. I believe the stems are twisted and are the same on both versions. But yes, you're right. I used my spyglass and your stems look like the optic version in the photo that shows all of them together.

Mugzinnys and i need help like this.
  16. Mugzinnys

Thanks ola402 for making that clearer, The beauty of an optical illusion. lol

i need help likes this.
  17. HEADHUNTER

HEADHUNTER New Member

George Borgfeldt

Mugzinnys likes this.
  18. pigbats

pigbats New Member

I have quite a few of these these, they were my parents wedding crystal. They were hand blown in Germany. Borgfeldt is a German name. My mom told me the factory where they were made went behind the Iron Curtain in Berlin when The Wall was built so I don't have as many water goblets and juice glasses as I have wine glasses and sherbet dishes.

komokwa and Born2it like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted