Does anyone recognize this artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by apstory, Aug 1, 2021.

1. apstory

apstory New Member

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Can you please included a full image of the front and back?

3. Tahmoor girl

Tahmoor girl Active Member

Is that a signature see in the bottom corner? Give us a closeup.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Your work appears to be decorative art. As above, additional photographs would be helpful.

Debora

Pat Dennis likes this.
  5. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Looks like it is signed Peterson? I think this artist turned up in a thread before.

samuelcaulfield1 likes this.
  6. apstory

apstory New Member

IMG-7619 resized.jpg IMG-7634 resized.jpg I had a close up of the signature uploaded but I'm apparently challenged with getting it moved to this thread, LOL! So I will attach it here. At this point I can't get a backside picture because it's packed for moving. I actually should have waited to post but I was a little bored and went for it anyway. It's a slightly large piece...maybe 3.5' X 2.5'. It's oil on canvas. The family member I got it from had numerous very nice pieces that I was fortunate enough to be gifted, two of which appraised for over $4500. But they also had some very nice pieces that weren't of high value. I certainly don't want to waste anyone's time since I can't actually get to the painting for more pictures at this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2021
    judy likes this.
  7. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Actually, it’s preferred to include the photos in the post and not in a gallery or whatever. So you inadvertently did the right thing :)

apstory likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, your work does appear to be a mid-century commercial or "factory' painting. The type of painting that would be sold in furniture stores as room decor. They're often of a larger size which makes them useful for hanging over a sofa or fireplace. The signature on them is usually fictitious and just a nom de brosse adopted by the "artist." It does not add value which, for your work, would be decorative. A photograph of the entire back including frame would help confirm. And let's wait to hear from others.

Debora

verybrad and Bakersgma like this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Ditto what Debora said.

Debora likes this.
  10. apstory

apstory New Member

Thanks y’all! It’s certainly nice to have knowledgeable people to reach out to for advice. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted