Does anyone recognize this china or mark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Noran Rand, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Noran Rand

Noran Rand New Member

I recently inherited some china from China, and I have no idea how to identify it. I live in a very rural location with no access to antique experts. I would appreciate any help.

Attached Files:

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@Noran Rand welcome to our forum!
    Please post a photo of the pattern closer up.

3. Noran Rand

Noran Rand New Member

4. Noran Rand

Noran Rand New Member

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Noran Rand!

The Chinese characters just say the equivalent of the English "Made in China." The pattern looks to be from the second half of the last century, made to appeal to the western market. Unfortunately I doubt you will find anything more specific. Sorry not to be of more help.

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  6. Noran Rand

Noran Rand New Member

So around the 1950's. That makes sense, the other china I inherited is from around the same time. Thank you so much for your help! I spent a few hours trying to research it online, but I couldn't find anything to match. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

judy and Born2it like this.
  7. JunkshopJim

JunkshopJim Active Member

I dont think you will find out much about it other than it was mass produced in China in the 20th century for export. Mark is generic and only states that it was made in China. So much of this stuff was made and not much research would have gone into something that isnt that remarkable. Sorry :0(

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Silverthorne

Silverthorne Well-Known Member

May not be particularly remarkable, but a happy pattern on which to serve one's breakfast coffee and eggs and toast and marmelade. :)

Figtree3, Bakersgma and bluumz like this.
  9. Noran Rand

Noran Rand New Member

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I'm glad that I didn't waste anymore time researching it. And I definitely agree, it is a happy pattern! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Figtree3, Bakersgma and BoudiccaJones like this.
  10. JunkshopJim

JunkshopJim Active Member

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted