Featured Does anyone recognize this pot, or the signature on it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bookahtoo, May 11, 2020.

1. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

This pot is very light - thin walls. It is about 5" across. It looks burnished to me. Does anyone recognize the style or the signature? Thanks.

smallDSCN2174.JPG

smallDSCN2176.JPG

smallDSCN2177.JPG

smallDSCN2178.JPG

smallDSCN2179.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

:joyful: Must be famous with it that unreadable!!! :joyful::joyful:

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

It's very nice - but infuriating! :mad:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Looks like there is an 'E' in it, and the last letters 'ni'?:confused:
    It is a very sweet pot though, even if the maker couldn't sign it properly.;)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

6. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

I'd say style is Art Deco. Looks to be Hand Thrown and maybe cold-painted vs glazed and fired. Studio or crafter's pottery maybe? Cheers - Joe

7. Tauriels

Tauriels Well-Known Member

jmho, it looks like slip glaze and possibly burnished with a flexible rib on a wheel. I don't see a lot of age to it. but hey, wdik? Studio Pottery maybe. I wonder though, the lack of a defined foot, the odd bump about an inch down from the mouth. Possibly a student piece. Nice though. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted