Does anyone recognize this signature

Discussion in 'Art' started by antiquity, Jan 28, 2019.

1. antiquity

antiquity Member

xxx 004.jpg xxx 005.jpg Hi all,
    I have this old painting hanging around (no pun intended ) and was wondering if anyone might recognize the signature. It is an oil on canvas. I have searched some of the data bases, but unfortunately have come up blank.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks in advance,
    Bill

judy likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Welcome, Bill. It could be A. Bird, but it would spare us duplicate effort if you would tell us what names you have already explored.

3. antiquity

antiquity Member

Bronwen,
    Thanks very much, but when I was running through hundreds by just looking at the last names beginning with a B, as I could not really make out any of the other letters in the signature, and a name starting with the A. So really I had no idea what I was looking at. Paintings are really low or non existent, in my collections and ability, and have no idea with them. my stab in the dark was to hope that someone had seen this signature before and I would become an immediate millionaire. Just kidding.
    Bill

judy likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think it might be "A. Binal" ? I also think its possibly a factory type painting,but an older one.Very pretty colors.

judy, Figtree3 and BaseballGames like this.
  5. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

I think A. Bird is the right call, but good look with that google search:
    "A Bird Painting" :banghead:

judy, Figtree3, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I also think it's A. Bird. We'd need somebody with access to an artist database because you are right -- just searching Google will lead to much frustration! And also, as @johnnycb09 said, it might be a factory painting.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted