Featured Does anyone recognize this symbol on this pin?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bercrystal, Jul 25, 2021.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This pin was in the display case I got last Friday. I don't know if it is an OH or HO but I could not find anything for either. It is not marked on the back but is engraved with the year 1911.

It is 7/8" top to bottom by 3/4" across.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no.....but I like the date !!!!!

3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Looks like something from Harry Potter (but the date is wrong .. ha ha) Sorry!

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and judy like this.
  4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Is it a class pin - like class ring but a pin? Did they do that in the early 1900's?

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and judy like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I really do not have a clue but if no one comes up with a possibility it will just be added to the rest of the box lot I have here. It came out of the display case I bought at the auction a couple of weeks ago.

I am going to sell the bronze medals but the rest is going to going to another auction to be sold. I just have too much little stuff already & for what individual pieces would bring it is just not worth it to me.

Of course, the decision was made easier after I sold the 3 gold pins that were in the case Friday night for $120.00. :smug::smug::smug: :hilarious::hilarious:

6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

A sorority or fraternity maybe, Omicron Eta or Eta Omicron?

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted