Does anyone want or need this Arctic stove lid lifter?

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by bercrystal, Mar 18, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a wood or coal stove that they can use this lifter on or if you just want it you can join in also.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If more than 1 person throws their name in the hat, I will draw names on Saturday.

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't know what to do with it if I had it. Just bumping.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. bercrystal

It is the last piece of a box of assorted tools & such I got last year. I have listed it several times with no luck & yesterday I eas cleaning/rearranging a few shelves when I found it again. I decided to see if anyone here wanted it before it went OTD somewhere.

judy likes this.
  4. evelyb30

The local scrappers would want it if no one else does; it's cast iron. Cast iron is worth a bit.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. axelrich

axelrich Active Member

looks quite old to me.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. DanaB

DanaB Active Member

I know what it is and assume you dont have it by now. I know my sister would take it. She has an old stove on her front porch!

judy likes this.
  7. bercrystal

I do still have it over there & if you want to pay for postage it will be on its way.

Contact me through the private message & we'll work out the details.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Sepia

Sepia Member

Would go beautifully with the stove I have. What would the postage to UK be?

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Peggy may have moved it already.....
    at the bottom left of every post is a date.......it pays to look there 1st before responding to a post that may be weeks months or even years old !!
    Just sayin....

10. Sepia

Sepia Member

Fair comment. I'll pay more attention in future. Thanks for the heads up

komokwa likes this.
  11. bercrystal

I actually still do have this piece. It hadn't moved from the spot I put it when I started this thread back in March. :bag::shame::shame:

I have been too consumed with all the stuff I been buying from the estate of the lady with the shopping problem. ;):p:p:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D:D

I will contact you through the private messages & we will see if we can work this out to get one more even small thing out of my house. :happy::happy::happy:

komokwa likes this.
  12. komokwa

& therein lies the next tip..... I never hurts to ask !!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

bercrystal likes this.
  13. bercrystal

They laughed at me Friday at the auction when I asked if I could post something on the window where you sign in & pay. It was a photo of a sugar bowl & its mark with a request that if anyone had gotten the matching creamer to see me.

I had gotten the teapot, sugar, 4 cups & 4 saucers on a table lot a couple of weeks ago. While I was washing the teapot I kept thinking it looked familiar. It finally dawned on me that it looked like the one that was part of the tea set I sold last year for $850.00. :eek::eek: Now that one did have considerably more pieces, but still. :p:p

I did look at all of the table lots that were set up for the next auction with out any luck & asked a few of my friends if they remembered seeing anything like the pattern. I figured what did I have to lose by posting the picture & may be someone notices it than agrees to sell me the creamer. :D:D

The boxes that we have gotten from the estate of this woman are sometimes packed with no rhyme or reason. So you don't know when you find a sinle piece or maybe a few matching pieces if that is all there is or is there more to be had in another box. We try to hold out till we see if there is any more, but if there are no more boxes to be unpacked it gets sold as found. There is just no where to put things for possibly weeks till more can be found.

I have gotten a single Haviland cup in a box lot only to have the other 7 cups with 8 saucers show up 3 weeks later in the next load of boxes. The same thing happed with a covered vegetable dish that came as part of a table lot of misc. dishes I bought. A month later the rest of the dishes showed up. :jawdrop::jawdrop: :arghh::arghh::arghh:

So the morale is it never hurts to ask because the worse that can happen is you will be told no & who hasn't had that happen multiple times. :p:p:D:D:D

komokwa likes this.
  14. komokwa

that must be maddening ....waiting on the right box to be revealed !!:inpain:

15. evelyb30

Goofy stuff like that does happen. I've picked things up at estate or rummage sales, taken them home and then given them away. More than once the response has been "Where did you get that? I've been looking for X for years."

Draft saved Draft deleted