Featured Does this piece look authentic Meissen? Why are the crossed swords on the rim like that?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Nov 21, 2020.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

H0049-L233089781.jpg H0049-L233089781.jpg has anyone seen the mark on the rim like that? H0049-L233089781.jpg H0049-L233089791.jpg H0049-L233089786.jpg H0049-L233089779.jpg H0049-L233089784.jpg H0049-L233089800.jpg H0049-L233089796.jpg

2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

This is not my kind of thing but I just wanted to say, to my non-expert eye, this is very well done! The quality of the molding and painted decoration is amazing. Too bad the woman reaching up had her arm broken and glued back in, but I'm amazed that is all the damage I can see with that billowing yellow cloth and all those delicate little flowers.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you it is the real deal!

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'm with Marie. Not generally my type of thing, but this rendering of the Triumph (in the sense of procession) of Venus is just beautiful. So detailed, so many other little vignettes in addition to the main one. Hope someone who knows about these things can enlighten us.

4. Bronwen

5. Bronwen

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It’s lovely!! Perhaps if it proves out to be true Meissen, you could have that arm professionally restored.....I’m sure it could only enhance the value, if selling!!

judy likes this.
  7. Bronwen

8. Bronwen

judy likes this.
  9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Gorgeous, deserves to be in the A Thing of Beauty thread!

judy and Bronwen like this.
  10. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

It's a very fine piece. Check out Meissen Marcolini marks as it looks like your mark has a star beneath it.

judy, blooey and Bronwen like this.
  11. Bronwen

Check out post #5 & subsequent.

judy likes this.
  12. Bronwen

dgbjwc and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted