Doll - is it old

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by prestoncohunter, Feb 26, 2020.

1. prestoncohunter

prestoncohunter Well-Known Member

I have done some research but am not sure what this is. I think it's what would be called a dutch or maybe peg wooden doll. Obviously it is wooden body with a porcelain head. A friend said they thought it would be from the late 1890's to early 1900 if that is the case I'm amazed at the condition. I did find a receipt in the box it was purchased in, in 1970 for a price of 4 dollars. Any and all help appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aquitaine and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Your doll looks old tyme not old time. To my eye, could well have been new in the 1970s. Would be please post a photograph of the receipt?

Debora

Figtree3, Lucille.b and kyratango like this.
  4. prestoncohunter

I will but it won't be till this evening.

Debora likes this.
  5. prestoncohunter

The gentleman who's estate this came from, normally didn't buy repro's but anything is possible.

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Aquitaine, Lucille.b and kyratango like this.
  8. prestoncohunter

Looks like you found it, thanks. Disappointing that's it's not the real deal but the upside is I have nothing in it.

anundverkaufen and judy like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Valuable learning experience. Important to remember that Victorian craftsmanship, even on everyday objects, was finer than modern. Her features and hair are an interpretation of Victorian style. And that matte finish on the china head and its palette (especially the dusty rose) scream 1970s-ish.

Debora

Jet, Christmasjoy, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  10. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Hi, been out shopping most of the day .. but you guys didn't need me .. you nailed it !! .. KUDOS !! .. Joy. :)

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted