Dolls...Not my thing but these will be where I’m going tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Oct 31, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

7AF0E9EF-F1B3-4304-8436-8ACD9BC293B0.jpeg 96F5CCD2-A60B-4FE8-856C-D6C090556350.jpeg 8150A408-E498-41EF-AAD1-B17D590E889F.jpeg Looks like there could be potential here. Any I should look at? If so what would I want to pay to make worth flipping? Could be trash but to my novice eye worth asking about.

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Doll market isn't what it used to be. The condition on these is pretty deplorable. I'd pass these up in a heart-beat.

Figtree3, Sandra, Any Jewelry and 5 others like this.
  3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

They appear to be composition dolls from the 1930's - 40's, they are in poor condition .. the one third from the left has a thin rubber body that has turned black over time and can't be fixed, she would need a whole new body. the clothing is in poor condition also. Some of the heads are okay but the dolls themselves don't have much value in the condition that they are in, ... Joy.

Figtree3, Sandra, Any Jewelry and 6 others like this.
  4. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

If we still had doll hospitals...

What's up with that inky body?

downloadfile_1572575721025.jpg

It looks like the estate might be in general disrepair. You can only investigate in person...

Some of the clothes look interesting, but I'm no expert.

@Christmasjoy??

J Dagger likes this.
  5. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Got it, Joy!

J Dagger likes this.
  6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

If you pick them up to inspect them please do bring some wet towelettes for your hands .. just in case there is some mould .. there is definately dirt, ... Joy. :)

Sandra, Any Jewelry, J Dagger and 3 others like this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Or better yet, take a few pair of vinyl gloves with you.
    I use them when I know the estate is going to have a barn or basement. There are all kinds of possible varmints and their droppings.
    Looking at the books, dolls and mirror, I'd say this is not going to be very clean.

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

1st picture....next to last one from the end.....SHE sure looks like she was ready for Halloween TONIGHT!!!!!
    zzzzzzTINY PUMPKIN.jpg

Sandra, Any Jewelry, judy and 3 others like this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Which is why I keep a small bottle of liquid sanitizer/disinfectant in the car!!!!!

Sandra, Any Jewelry, judy and 2 others like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

at 1st i thought this was a halloween joke....but i can smell that room from here !! . :vomit::vomit::eek:

11. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

The brides of Chucky?

Sandra, silverthwait and J Dagger like this.
  12. J Dagger

Good to know thanks!

13. J Dagger

I wondered about that dark one too.

14. J Dagger

This is the attic so probably many years of “grime” we will call it. The rest of the house looks to be relatively clean luckily. Lots of interesting stuff but this is what I knew the least about.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  15. J Dagger

Me too! Germaphobe here, I don’t mind get my hands dirty at a sale but I sure enjoy cleaning them afterwards.

16. J Dagger

Hahaha. There actually is a bunch of vintage/possibly antique Halloween stuff and jack o’ lanterns. I know some of that stuff can be valuable. If I’m not mistaken the paper machete stuff in particular. I’ll post it. I should have made some cleverish Halloween reference here. Missed opportunity!

Draft saved Draft deleted