Featured Donation to RSPCA Shop, MOORCROFT Vase, any opinions welcome..

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Martin RSPCA, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Martin RSPCA

Martin RSPCA Active Member

Hi everyone,

This lovely vase turned up today in our charity shop, wrapped in a bundle of towels, I wondered if anyone new anything about the particular design and more importantly if it looks genuine!

Very sorry about the poor pictures (taken on mobile) I will try to upload some more over the weekend.

Many Thanks

Martin 6.jpg 5.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Blimey. It's Moorcroft Hibiscus in coral on white. Perfectly genuine, Walter Moorcroft mark, so post war. I can't remember off hand when the ivory ground came in. The white isn't as popular as the deep blue. Check Ebay if you like, but the asking prices are often too high. If you put £70 on it, it will fly.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks legit from here too. We don't see much Moorcroft here in the States, but it sure looks good.

4. Cronker

Cronker Active Member

*does math* £70 = $125 AUD.
    About right, in my mind, but at least where I am, expect haggling.
    Lovely piece.

judy, pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Anyone who haggles in a charity shop is a pillock, to say the least. £70 is lower than retail for this, so it ought to go nicely. Blue would be a couple of hundred.

6. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

I doubt I'd get $75 for it at any Sydney market stall and eBay would eat you in fees. Shove it up at $90. That should keep one small RSPCA rescue dog for a little while at least ...

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The darker backgrounds seem to go better here in the US too. (and the old pieces naturally) That ought to buy some kibble and cat crackers.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Interesting. It would sell here at £70 all day long. He's selling in a shop, by the way, not Ebay.

judy, Cronker and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. Martin RSPCA

Martin RSPCA Active Member

Thank you everyone for your comments and brilliant information :)

judy likes this.
  10. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

C. 1980s should memory serve.

Draft saved Draft deleted