Featured Don't even know where to start with these glasses...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DivasFinds, Dec 31, 2018.

1. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

Mid century Modern or ?? The sheen on them is alost iridescent , they're kinda cool.....as usual any info or jumping off point is appreciated ♡ 20181231_172610-640x480.jpg 20181231_172618-640x480.jpg 20181231_172632(0)-640x480.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Is there a pattern on them? Any mark on the bases?

judy and i need help like this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I am not near my books but for some reason Seascape is coming into mind. I'll look later. Happy New Year.
    greg

DivasFinds, judy and i need help like this.
  4. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

No marks on bottom, the only pattern is the slanted lines you can faintly see in the pictures...more of a texture than anything....I'll look up Seascape and see what i can see....TY!!

judy likes this.
  5. gregsglass

Hi,
    I am pretty sure they are made by Hazelware a division of Continental Can Company from the 1960s. I have only seen the color of Moroccan Amethyst but have heard that it was made in crystal and an iridescent pale color of marigold and a pale light blue.
    greg

judy, aaroncab, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

I am just throwing this out there as a maybe....
    Ocean Wave by Jenkins??? I am not sure tho.

judy likes this.
  7. gregsglass

Hi Pearls,
    They have the safety rims so not that old.
    greg

8. pearlsnblume

Thanks Greg, I was flipping thru a book real fast and they caught my eye.
    :)

judy likes this.
  9. gregsglass

Hi Pearls,
    The first thing I look at is the rim. That tells me a lot. Then I start looking at the bottom and the design. I do not want to boar you with the mistakes that I have made in the past.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

10. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

finding lots of these id'ed as Jeannette Glass iridescent swirl. There is a matching pitcher that does look like other Jeannette optic patterns but couldn't find anything to confirm that id...

judy likes this.
  11. gregsglass

Hi TallCakes,
    People can call them Jeannette but they are not. There is so much incorrect info on the net now it is horrible. My biggest bugaboo is Fiesta. There is so much incorrect information about Fiesta it makes me sick. I see lots of people who think the new sugar bowls are really the very rare covered soup bowls. The best is people who swear that the light green is the rare medium green since it is a darker shade. I always thought that with all of the new exposure things would have gotten better but it seems to be the opposite. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    greg

12. pearlsnblume

Greg I hope this does not upset you, but I finally saw your Fiesta dishes in the movie A Christmas Story. I had never seen that movie really in all my years. Just bits and pieces here and there over time.
    I have to say I liked that movie more than I thought I would.

yourturntoloveit, SBSVC and Bookahtoo like this.
  13. gregsglass

Hi Pearls,
    No I am not upset. I love that movie, "thee only thing that makes me mad" is the women who bought my Fiesta also had purchased the Zippolin (the brothers) Christmas present. They had it in a bag when they were looking at my Fiesta. I saw it and offered them 100 dollars for it. They had paid 12 dollars for it. I told them it was too old for the movie but they did not want to sell it.:oops::oops::oops:
    greg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  14. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

15. gregsglass

Hi,
    Can not complete with original packaging. I am not sure, the OP glasses seem to have fewer swirls than those packaged. Either my eyesight is getting bad or too sharp. I am not convinced but now I am open to learning anew.:rolleyes:
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted