Featured Double wedding ring quilt parital piece, extra special construction

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Lucille.b, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

This was a $5 purchase at an estate sale. I'm not really into quilt type things, but this seemed so special. I realize it is either for a table runner etc., or possibly was unfinished. Outer edges are unfinished.

First thought was that I was going to turn around and sell on Ebay, but brought it to another neighbor who has and entire room dedicated for sewing with a specialty being quilts, and she went crazy for this. I guess normal wedding ring style has sort of a square pieces of fabric to make the rings, but here there are over 100 triangular pieces, all different fabric which looks to be 30s or 40s.

Now my neighbor wants to buy it. She is a pretty good friend, so was thinking of even just gifting to her (not sure Ebay would be more than around $30 for a partial piece) but thought I'd post here too just for general thought or in case you'd like to see it.

quilt3.jpg quilt5.jpg quilt6.jpg

quilt8.jpg

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Adorable! Guess if it was me, I'd probably 'gift' it to a good friend. . .it will get a great new home. :joyful:

3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Beautiful fabrics!

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

6. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

They look like feedsack pieces! I have a 9-patch quilt made mostly of feedsack and there's quite a variety! People really like them. I've had a few over the years and most of them bring pretty good money.

Linda

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very pretty, Lucille, thank you for showing us.:)

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Somehow missed this one earlier... What did you decide to do with it, @Lucille.b ? Sounds like your friend would love it!

Lucille.b likes this.
  9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I did give it to her. I'm not sure what she did with it in the end but I know she showed it to her "quilt club" and she really enjoyed it. :)

Jivvy, pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

How thoughtful you are. That would make a lovely gift to a good friend.

Debora

Lucille.b and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted