Featured Doulton Series Ware?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Aug 18, 2020.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

31C05519-FE18-4E15-A85F-B13BE015620A.jpeg 95F02B82-FB0F-498C-AEFC-5E084443EFA2.jpeg D2E5ED1B-93DC-45F2-891F-F7E5C7CAB57D.jpeg 0BD79D09-A3F4-4525-8327-F34531CBE343.jpeg This small jug (11cm tall) turned up in a mixed auction lot.

it looks like series ware but I can’t find the series. It’s hand coloured over transfer and the mark dates it to early 1900s

Appear to be pilgrims or others in 17th c dress

Very heavily crazed

thanks in advance

John

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Bakersgma and Aquitaine like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Urg. Not a familiar one, but it does look like Mayflower type Pilgrims. And a maybe thanksgiving meal - isn't that a ship in the background on one scene? I wonder if this was done for the US market.

i need help and Aquitaine like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Just different sizes, probably.

i need help likes this.
  7. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. Following up the leads from your links I've found that the series is "Sketches From Teniers" based upon the art of Flemish Artist David Teniers the younger. The crazing on this spoils it but it cost nothing coming in a mixed lot.

patd8643, i need help and Aquitaine like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Yep, if my comparison's are correct, John's is 11cm (about 4 1/4") and Replacements is 6 7/8" tall.........but Replacement's is just small and not as pronounced....EDIT: I'm sorry, what I MEANT to say was----the CRAZING on Replacement's jug is SMALL and barely visible, whereas on John's jug, it is more pronounced.......

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted