Featured Dresden China Dinnerware

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by RonS, Dec 4, 2016.

1. RonS

RonS New Member

Ok all,
    This is my first thread (after my introductory post), so please bear with me if I mess up. I'll try to learn quickly how things work around here :bookworm:;):happy:.

I came to your forums to hopefully get advice or directed to where I can find values on some antique pieces that my mother wants to eventually sell. She does not "do computers",.... and I'm not really an "antiques guy", ... so no doubt, I'll be stumbling all the way. :wacky:

OK, So my elderly mom asked me to find out what I could about, "That beautiful China in the cabinet", (that she will really never use).
    She wants me to...
    (quote)- "Go onto your computer, 'cuz I know you can find places on there that can tell you what I should ask as a reasonable price 'cuz I'll never really use it, and I don't want it to get broken, and I don't want to dust it, and someone might want to buy it,... and it should be with someone who will use it and be happy with it,.. and, she doesn't know how to "do computers".... and,.... and,.. " (unquote) :) haha. (gotta love Mom :shame:).

It was originally my Grandmothers (her mom), and was purchased in Germany in 1958... by a family member serving in the armed forces.
    the set was sent from Germany, to my Grandmother, it was unpacked, put in the China Cabinet, and has never been used, (really, not even once) to the best of Mom's knowledge. (Grandmother past away a couple of years ago, at the age of 95, but had told Mom it has never been used).
    I do have a couple of pieces of literature on it, the original brochure and the certificate of purchase by the family military Serviceman, but that's all I have for info on it.
    It is from Haus Dresden, made in West Germany, and is "Decal 56" or "Dekor 56" with 24k gold detail.
    It is in excellent, condition, (it's never been used), and has lived it's life in a closed China Cabinet since 1958.

I have not pulled the entire set out of the china cabinet, but I have pulled a few pieces to take some pics, and will see if I can figure out how to post those pics below. (I'm not really as "good on the computer" as Mom may think I am :facepalm:).
    These pics do not include the Dinner Plates, Salad plates, Cups, Saucers, (and who knows whatever else is all in there).
    I'll try to add more pics later as time allows.

first, a few test pics, (if this works, I'll add a bunch more)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

That's a pretty set, and you're lucky to have all that documentation! It is possible all that original paper work could add to the desirability.

A quick search of eBay completed auctions shows there doesn't seem to be much demand at this time.

Here is a screen shot:
    Haus-Dresden-Gold-eBay-Completed-Auctions-Sun-Dec-4-2016.jpg

Figtree3, yourturntoloveit and cxgirl like this.
  3. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! As I don't sell, I really can't tell what the selling value of this lovely set, where to sell, or how to sell like the whole set or by pieces. Here are pieces of the Haus Dresden, House if Dresden, pattern "Decor 56" selling on replacements.com. Replacements prices are higher then found on eBay because of their overhead.
    http://www.replacements.com/webquote/hdrde56.htm

--- Susan

yourturntoloveit and lauragarnet like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Does your mother have granddaughters?
    I have an antique store and the first thing I ask is whether the grandchildren have been asked if they are interested. Nieces or nephews?

Trying to sell the complete set will be difficult. Most young people do not set a formal table.
    Also selling a complete set on someplace like ebay and trying to ship it will get you a low price. You'll have to be able to pack it so it doesn't break. Shipping will be for 40 lbs. plus.
    If your mother does not mind breaking the set and ending up with left overs to give to a thrift shop. That is the way to sell it and make the most money.
    Serving pieces should be priced higher as that is what people are usually looking for.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Fine photo's Ron..........you'll fit in nicely here !!!!

While this site is not a valuation place, members who believe they have a strong grasp will sometimes offer up prices they think are accurate.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Otherwise we're pretty good at pointing you in the right direction...:happy::happy::happy:

lloyd249 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted