Drip glazed pottery vase, modern?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ratsy Brown, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

Hi all

Picked up this drip glazed vase for the princely sum of £1 today. Am I looking at generic modern pottery? Approx 5" tall.

IMG_20180403_184406.jpg IMG_20180403_184410.jpg IMG_20180403_184425.jpg IMG_20180403_184438.jpg

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

My guess is modern and maybe Vietnamese.

I don' think this stuff has much resale value, but that doesn't change the fact that there are some very attractive new pieces out there from Vietnam, China and the like. Some of the glazes seem to me subtle and beautiful. If I was in a position to collect. I might go that way, regardless of investment value.

If all things remain equal, I think they will be valued in future - just not in my lifetime.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I agree with moreotherstuff. These vases can be very attractive. And they are usually small and inexpensive. You could put a very nice collection together that doesn't take up a lot of space for a quite reasonable price.
    Don

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted