Dual Wooden Card-Catalog

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Saw Wood, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Saw Wood

Saw Wood 1972 vintage

I’m keeping an eye out for two of these of the same size. Wood, not metal. I’m not willing to pay a lot for them because I can easily just make them (from all my scrap) for my purposes of storage. Trying to hold off for the satisfaction of pre-owned. Time will tell.

Attached Files:

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, @scoutshouse posted one a while ago.

blooey likes this.
  3. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I see them at estate auctions occasionally so I'd suggest watching on Auctionzip for one locally that has one (or more preferably). The antique shops around here have them but they want in excess of $100 usually. That is too much in my opinion. Buying one online would also incur significant shipping cost too since they are fairly heavy.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Saw Wood

Saw Wood 1972 vintage

There are two separate vendors here selling one each. two different qualities. Two different sizes. Two very different prices. I’d like two of the same size, making a total of 4 draws.

If I’m patient I’m sure I’ll come across them. The hunt is part of the fun. But I do have quite a bit of scrap, making building more sensible than buying. We’ll see. Thank you both!

5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I see them fairly often (saw one on Saturday at an auction), if you are patient I am sure you will find some to your liking. They are not rare, although some sellers prices them as if they were.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

That seems to always be the case with the ones that I've seen. Probably because they are actually useful!

Oh, and welcome to Antiquers, @Saw Wood !

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted