Dynamischer Erschütterungsaufnehmer ???

Discussion in 'Tools' started by kristiaan, Jul 4, 2018.

1. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

Would anyone have a idea, what this might be?
    I found "Dynamischer Erschütterungsaufnehmer "...but not sure...
    It weights like 8 kg and is 23/17/36 cm.
    There is a date on the chart; 1942 and it says GM5521 on the back of the black box, made by Philips.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I'd have to see pics from the different scales. what you can do is e.g. measuring the frequencies that are caused by by-passing road-traffic into the structures of houses.
    easiest to test would be to connect and press the cylinder (r/h in box) to a metal structure and hit the structure with a wooden block; what it measures is the theoretical acceleration caused by the hit in meters per square seconds.
    as every structure has a natural frequency - normally indicated in Hertz - you can also calculate the distance a structure moves.
    if military then you could also guess the approximate distance of the ennemy's cannons when you know which model they use.

kristiaan and Bronwen like this.
  3. kristiaan

All right!
    Thank you.

4. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Agree generally. Name translates to,”Dynamic Vibration Sensor.” I think you mount the long rod vertically on your test object, then put that cylindrical thing at top of rod. When weight drops, it creates an excitation of known characteristics when it hits bottom of rod. The two other things in top of box are probably vibration pick-ups. I’m guessing the two different curves on the graph represent each of the two pick-up rings.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Bronwen likes this.
  5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

The name is bigger than the box!

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

"I think you mount the long rod vertically on your test object, then put that cylindrical thing at top of rod."
    I don't think so. the rod screws directly into the gauge box and into the cylinder. normally you use it horizontally.
    that's what I had to do when one lovely morning I started a machine to make a test run - and found out that I moved the whole building... started to feel a bit dizzy was only 3.2 mm back and forth..

7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

"Fussballweltmeisterschaftsfinaltor" will probably be used next time when France beats England by 4 - 0 in the soccer world championship final on the 15th...:)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Think the device is listed in this document but I couldn’t find it immediately.

http://www.cdvandt.org/subject reference dbase.pdf

Looking at the photos again, there are two sensors, V and A, each with wires and triple-prong plug. One or the other sensor is screwed into one end of the long cylindrical weight. Rod screws into other end. Unthreaded end of rod mounts on _____? The ring with side-hinge is removed from the small platform and clamped around the cylinder, and can be clamped anywhere along it, the exact position determined by meter readings in the calibration mode. But I’m just guessing.

If we had clearer photos of the control box, we could read the text labels and probably figure it all out.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  9. kristiaan

I am the one with the box, and I am located in Belgium, so that is where we are going to measure when Belgium is going to beat them all! ;-)
    Remember Lierse!! 1979 Lierse - Leeds!:)

Any Jewelry and Fid like this.
  10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

kristiaan likes this.
  11. kristiaan

I noticed this too and asked the guy for help.
    But nos answer so far.
    Thanks again.

12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

We just north of the border are rooting for you Belgians, since our lot were too starstruck to play proper football/soccer.:rolleyes:
    The Hollanders favoured Morocco, because of the Dutch-Moroccan players. They will probably root for you too, now that Morocco is out.

I like your Dynamischer Erschütterungsaufnehmer, btw.

13. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Funstermeischenschaftenhertzengoboom.

14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

here an existing one ! comes near to Welsh village names.
    Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

Any Jewelry likes this.
  15. Any Jewelry

That beats the Dutch word Hottentottententententoonstellingsvrijwilligersfeesttaart. Which, to be fair, only refers to one particular occasion.

The Welsh village with the long name: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
    I always only remember the gogogoch part, which sounds like a Welsh rugby yell to me.

16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Welsh is a funny language. when I heard it for the first time on a train to Holyhead I thought there must be Italians around.

17. kristiaan

Just had the English translation, by a German; electrodynamic vibration pick-up

aaroncab likes this.
  18. kristiaan

Back in time, on the fair grounds of big antique sales in the UK, I bought a lot from Welsh.
    It was very annoying that during the haggle they discussed among them in Welsh, you can't understand anything!
    But then again they where not the people I wanted to get in trouble with! ;-)

19. Any Jewelry

Probably because many Welsh words end in io, like parcio for parking.

20. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

P.S. training methods for soccer youngsters are improved now...

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted