EAPG? Amber Glass some kind of bowl Good Luck? Faux spout

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Sep 4, 2014.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

EAPG bowl for ID? It has a single handle on one side and a faux spout on the other. The closest pattern I found was call “Good Luck”, but I doubt that’s correct. The bowl stands about 2 ¾” to it top rim and measures nearly 5” across that rim. Its foot ring measures about 3 ½” across.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Adams & Co., Pittsburgh, called the line No. 140 when they introduced it in the first half of the 1880s, It is called (AKA) Good Luck, Horseshoe, Prayer Rug, also. Maybe someone else can tell you what your phony spout nappy is.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thanks for the pattern ID. I was doubting Good Luck because of a singular lack of horseshoes.

4. jackolin

jackolin Well-Known Member

I am thinking the faux spout is a broken handle.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think you're not the only one who feels that way. That's probably why it stayed on the shelf long enough for me to see it. But look at the tip, and how it joins the body of the bowl. Those don't look like repairs to me. Looks like original modelling.

One thing about this: Jenks and Luna says produced by Adams in clear only, but also says maybe other maker's as well. Further states a platter has been reproduced. Is that a concern?

6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

I see some similarities to Adams' Prayer Rug but not sure that is what you have.

7. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I doubt a broken handle after you study the handle in tact. Notice the difference in application.

8. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I seee a mold line on the end of the spout so I think it is made that way. The "rug" does not look right,to me, for good luck/prayer rug. Interesting piece/shape.

Draft saved Draft deleted