eapg bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Sep 13, 2019.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

I think this bowl is depicting a wild rose. It has an 8 pointed star in the bottom. It's 8.5" diameter and 3.25" tall. Any ideas as to pattern name and manufacturer? The design is impressed or inverted on the exterior and the bowl is smooth on the inside. Thanks aDSC06045.jpg aDSC06047 (2).jpg

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I don't doubt someone will be along to tell you (but it won't be me). In the meantime, you might take a look at goofus glass patterns. Some pressed glass just seems to have a high goofusistic quotient.

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  3. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like EAPG to me, but some other pressed glass. The star base looks ground as well. A little more time taken in finishing.

5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

May items had ground bases only so they could sit flat. Eapg is a time frame at the start o molded pressed glass. This is just one source of information and a good place to start.

Draft saved Draft deleted