EAPG Celery Vase - Pattern?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Sep 3, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I'm looking for the pattern of this very plain celery vase which I think is EAPG. The only distinguishing feature is the 25 points on the top rim. It stands 6 1/2" tall with a 2 7/8" collar base. I've been through the EAPGS Pattern Index without success. Any help figuring out who made it and in what pattern would be very much appreciated. Thank you all!
    Don

IMG_20180903_113608994.jpg IMG_20180903_113616086.jpg IMG_20180903_113623423.jpg

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Your celery probably is EAPG era, but because there are no pattern features to identify, and because there are several patterns like it, (no features) not only cannot it be identified, no one is collecting it. I at one time, tried to assemble a pictorial list of pattern-less patterns, but gave up because you couldn't tell them apart.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cherryhill! That's what I suspected - both about the pattern ID and the marketability. Off to Goodwill it will go. It will make a nice little vase for someone. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    Don

judy likes this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

there are several very similar scalloped edge 'plain' patterns like this. Some are distinguished by the pattern on the base. Only mention I found related to this non-patterned base was once named 'Swinger' by Heacock, which is how EAPGpatterns has it. Similars are McKee's 'Ionic', Fostorias' 'Diana', King's #30, and Co-Operative Flint's 'Madoline'...

Figtree3 and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted