EAPG Cylindrical Covered Jar

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Feb 22, 2018.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Another piece for which I have only this lonely picture... no description, no measurements. I recall I never listed this because of fleabites to the glass. A lot of fleabites.
    EAPGJar-a.jpg

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Its a pickle jar, I don't think it belongs to a "pattern." ca. 1880.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thank you.

Is this a piece that would have been held in one of those silver-plated metal frames?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    judy likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Pretty one at that, too!!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

judy likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Beautiful piece even with the flea bites. I would give house room even with the bites.
    greg

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

FWIW patternglass has this listed as unknown maker and 'Panelled Sawtooth' tho' don't know where they got that pattern name... some similarities to Duncan's 'Paneled Sawtooth' but definitely not that pattern...

tie.dye.cat and moreotherstuff like this.
  7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thanks for that. I guess Paneled Sawtooth is as good a name as any. I described it as entwined chevron, which is no improvement.

It is an attractive pattern.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted