EAPG Garniture: Jefferson? Westmoreland?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Feb 10, 2018.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

These are things I had a long time ago and the pictures are very early for me.

I find I have these recorded twice: once as Jefferson Krys-Tol Chippendale and again as Westmoreland Colony.

The vases were 7 3/4" to the top of the handles. The bowl was 13 1/4" across the handles.

No marks mentioned in my few notes.

Any thoughts?

zzzzbbc.jpg

zzzzbbb.jpg

zzzzbba.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

No ideas on this? No way to tell one from another?

I'll bump this by adding another piece.

EAPG? Star of David with thumbprints. I don't even have a size on this, but I'm guessing anything form 8" to 12" across:
    Star of David Plate-a.jpg

Star of David Plate-b.jpg

Star of David Plate-c.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

EAPGpatterns has the latter as Bryce, HIgbee 'Simoon' c1898 but add this note: "In his Bryce, Higbee book (see our Credits and References Page), Paul Kirk dates the pattern at 1901 and says that Lola and Wayne Higby have no proof for matching this pattern with the Bryce, Higbee pattern Simoon, so gave it the AKA Paneled Flower and Thumbprint."

Those Chippendale patterns are hard to tell, tho' chataboutdg suggest your celery vase might be Jefferson:
    http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=9272&mode=search

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thanks for all that.

I think Jefferson had a plant in Hamilton, Ontario, which is close, so that alone biases me toward them.

I'll add your comments on the other to my listing notes and call it EAPG (at least).

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted