EAPG? Tulip & Heart Beaded Pattern name, please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Apr 20, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

712A99DB-83A7-4756-B9A4-43BD4A2FD162_1_201_a.jpeg BCB0F2A9-CBE1-4C33-9BE6-E79EC82AFEA4_1_201_a.jpeg 964DE095-3147-4207-B588-D91860E816D5_1_201_a.jpeg
    I think these are older EAPG from the feel of the construction I cannot find the pattern anywhere Does anyone recognize it?

Thank you for the help

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

http://www.eapgs.org/index.php
    I tried a couple different search terms and combinations but it did not yield anything useful for me....maybe for you? Pattern IDs by different search criteria

3. gauntlettgems

I always try to exhaust all of those things before I ask here. I don’t want to bother too much as I have so much to learn. I was wondering if there was a specific term for the beading that is surrounding the hearts

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@gauntlettgems
    wondering if there was a specific term for the beading that is surrounding the hearts

Try stippled.

Not sure it is an EAPG pattern.
    Is the bottom ground?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Cherryhill and gauntlettgems like this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

is there something embossed on base ring at 9 o'clock (center left) 2nd image

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    gauntlettgems likes this.
  7. gauntlettgems

How do you tell. It did kind of remind me of some things that I’ve seen are ground

8. gauntlettgems

I’ll check but I swore I did not see anything. I’ll check back in later when I’m home

9. clutteredcloset49

Not sure I can explain it.
    It will be flat as if the whole bottom was sawed off. It may or may not be polished.
    Molded will be sort of rounded as it came out of the mold. It will have the same finish as the rest of the plate.

10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Have you given it a black light test? It doesn't look like EAPG to me. It looks like the type of glass widely available in the 1980s.

11. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Looks Indonesian to me.

gauntlettgems and ola402 like this.
  12. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Yep, I can get behind that comment. If that's the case with this, the pattern may not be important due to the relatively low value (assuming you were asking for resale purposes). It costs as much as they're worth to ship the plates.

13. gauntlettgems

Indonesian? Never would have thought of that. I thought they were really old but I am no good at glass. I’ll try the black light I didn’t know clear could glow also. I have not had a chance to revisit the underside yet but I will. I am trying to identify them for resale

ty guys so much for your help!

14. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

For what it's worth, I took a look through a couple of my "go to" EAPG books (Metz and McCain), and came up with zilch. :(

gauntlettgems and i need help like this.
  15. gauntlettgems

Ty! I’m sure I’m wrong about the EAPG. they just gave me that feel when I held them.

16. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

947E285D-68DA-45FF-892B-BE876E5B1AE9.jpeg Is this a bubble or a letter?

17. clutteredcloset49

Tall Cakes asked if it was marked. Think he was referring to this.
    upload_2020-4-22_14-2-49.png

i need help likes this.
  18. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

as others have noted; my first thought was looks like one of the contemporary attempts at replicating a lacy sandwich glass wannabe. KIG (Kedaung Industrial Group) does come to mind but most of their goods are marked. That's partially why I asked if perhaps that was an embossed mark of some kind; tho' it does look to possible be a reflection of the beaded pattern. Will note that Indiana Glass did have a somewhat similar tulip motif in one of the sandwich pieces, but this is not that.

19. gauntlettgems

@i need help bubble for sure

@clutteredcloset49 only reflection and now I see the bottom rims are not ground They feel rounded

the scalloped edges have a seam which I thought was odd

They are cure no matter what they are

Draft saved Draft deleted