Early Blue & White Delft Wall Tiles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 15Stiftgasse, Nov 28, 2020.

1. 15Stiftgasse

15Stiftgasse Well-Known Member

Hello !
    Once again, I'd like to thank members for their prompt and informative contributions to my recent query concerning my antique Delft charger.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but whilst we're on the subject of Delftware, I would be grateful to acquire any information on my latest purchase, which arrived in the post only yesterday. Althugh my knowledge of Delftware is very limited, I nevertheless thought that, at €15, I can't really go wrong (famous last words !!).

The tiles measure c. 14 x 14 cm and have an opaque glaze, which, according to my research, is indicative of early Delftware. On the reverse, the tiles have a slightly gritty 'sandstone' appearance.

I suspect that the tiles are 18th century, but may perhaps (possibly ) be even from the 17th century. Are there any better-informed members out there who would be willing to share their thoughts and opinions ?

Many thanks in advance !!
    Peter
    P1030300.JPG P1030303.JPG P1030302.JPG P1030306.JPG P1030309.JPG P1030313.JPG P1030311.JPG

i need help, NewEngland, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

15Stiftgasse and i need help like this.
  3. 15Stiftgasse

15Stiftgasse Well-Known Member

Many thanks for your help. This guide will come in very useful !!!
    Peter

Draft saved Draft deleted