Featured Early Jug Opinions ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brubaker50, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

Came across this jug a while ago I think it was made for the Exhibition in Uk around 1860's but not sure.I have seen a coloured example somewhere , it has some issues with it but dont know what to make of them have a look at photos to see what I mean any suggestions appreciated thank you. P6240683.JPG P6240692.JPG P6240691.JPG P6240690.JPG

2. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Dimensions would be helpful. According to thepotteries.org website, the EF Bodley company was founded 1862. If I'm reading the info correctly, your jug likely dates c.1865. It's transferware. The classical motifs were popular during this period. You're fortunate to have a piece with the original lid, which often go missing over the years. Very nice!

Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

4. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your replies I thought the damage was done while it was being fired maybe a collector would be interested in this piece .I have seen small hand coloured examples but nothing like this ,thank you again for replies always so helpful.

Draft saved Draft deleted