Easton Press?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Lynnie, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Lynnie

Lynnie Active Member

I have an opportunity to buy a fairly large lot of Easton Press books-fiction as well as the lives of the presidents.
    Do they sell well on A*****N? They're not cheap and I don't want to invest a large sum on books that won't sell. Or is it dependent on the specific titles?
    TIA
    Lynnie

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hi Lynnie! Have you looked at Amazon to see what some of those titles are offered for? It seems to me that if you see a bunch being offered more cheaply than would give you a reasonable profit you'd be better off taking a pass.

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

@Lynnie , if you are interested in selling Easton Press books in general, you might like these articles from the BookThink site:

http://www.bookthink.com/0166/166tep1.htm

http://www.bookthink.com/0166/166tep2.htm

You may or may not want something this in-depth, but... a lot of informational gems there.

Here's what it says in the first link about the Presidents series:
    "Library of the Presidents
    This series attempts to feature each President's greatest work, sometimes in multiple volumes, and, as noted above, to date there are five signed titles in this series, and living Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama could enter the game as well. Grab anything signed at the right price. Unsigned volumes have modest value overall ($20 to $30) with a few bumps north for the usual collected suspects - Grant, Lincoln, etc."

5. Lynnie

Lynnie Active Member

Thank you all--food for thought!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. QuincyAK10

QuincyAK10 Well-Known Member

I have bought and sold Easton press books in the past. The condition of the gilded page edges (gold on ends of pages) is critical for collectors. I have had books returned because I did not describe a scratch on one of these surfaces.

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, QuincyAK10 -- I have heard that people are picky about Easton Press books. But since I'm not a bookseller, it's good to hear this from somebody who has sold them.

Christmasjoy and QuincyAK10 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted