EF&EF Lamps

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AntiqueHobbit, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AntiqueHobbit

AntiqueHobbit Active Member

2. AntiqueHobbit

Hey everyone, guess this counts as glass?
    Snagged these pair of lamps at an estate sale cause I really liked their vibe, and just trying to find out what they are specifically. The base plate says they’re made by EF&EF which was a company making lamps out of Chicago in the 70s. I’ve found lots of stuff by them but nothing quite like these.
    For reference, they’re huge. Like, the bottom glass part is bigger that a large pumpkin. The top and bottom light up indepdently of each other, and I think the shades are original (and huge, the thing is about four feet tall). Any idea what the style is called? Seen these ones before? Any clues on their value?

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

844DF0BB-8979-42E1-9C86-DEED824D0574.jpeg Just spun it a bit, so nobody gets hurt standing on their head to read it. :hilarious: Nice Lamps! :)

4. AntiqueHobbit

Thanks for that, I’ll get better at this stuff I swear!

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

It’s fine, we all help out people, not a big deal. :)

AntiqueHobbit and Ghopper1924 like this.
  6. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I'd call them Regency style. Ef & EF made a ton of lamps in the 70s and finding an exact match may prove difficult. I can picture these in a room with 2" high Spanish red shag carpeting.

7. AntiqueHobbit

8. AntiqueHobbit

Yeah, none of that here but we do like it! Kids and shag carpeting don’t play nice.
    Any idea on what the market is for them? I haven’t found many that are as large as these. 75-125 an appropriate range?

i need help likes this.
  9. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I really don't know about their value. Sorry

AntiqueHobbit likes this.
  10. AntiqueHobbit

No need to apologize, appreciate the regency ID it’s helped me find lots that are similar. Mine still seem to be a little bigger than most but in line with a lot of the other Regency style lamps.

11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

If you have an eBay account you can check for Sold lamps by that company. I don't see any exactly like these there but the range for recently sold in generally similar styles by that company seems to be about $40-$100 for one lamp. Since you have two of the first one of course they could go for more.

Oh, and welcome to Antiquers, @AntiqueHobbit !

sabre123 and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted