Featured Egg! Blue & White Handpainted Porcelain Egg

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Vesuvia, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Active Member

Hi all! So, wow, I’ve got a ton of items to show y’all. But wanted to start off with the possible Copper/gold swirl murano? Vase Post, and this interesting blue and white, apparently antique porcelain egg. It appears to be handpainted, it’s crackle glazed, but I don’t see any signatures. I’m wondering if A. It is indeed an antique? And B. Is it Chinese? Dutch? I have no earthly idea, but thought it was the bees knees, so plunked down the $3.99 it was on sale for at a local thrift shop.

anyone encounter an egg like this before? What are your thoughts on it? It is heavy, and measures about 9” x 6.5”. 8167DFBB-7FEE-40F5-81DC-181F04AC81AA.jpeg 485CE230-BA63-46AE-80CF-A46DF320AC86.jpeg 42B678DF-FFE8-4207-90FC-8EF41A5C94EC.jpeg

judy, Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That heavy, overall crazing typically means a recent Chinese decorative import.

Debora

3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I don't know much about porcelain, but what I've learned here is a big opening on the bottom usually means modern.

judy, Vesuvia, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The type of thing one would find at Home Goods.

Debora

Vesuvia and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Active Member

Nice! Worth the $3.99 I shelled out for it then! I’ll call that winning! :D thank you all for checking it out with me :)

Tanya and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted