Featured Eggshell Porcelain? Makers Mark ID Haaalp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Vesuvia, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Active Member

Howdy all! It’s been awhile! I hope this posting finds you all happy, safe, and in good health! I wanted to ask you dears for any assistance you might be able to lend regarding a small porcelain dish in the shape of a lovely little morning glory, or flower, which has a blue makers mark located on the bottom. I’ve searched and searched, but came up empty handed, sadly. Does anyone know who might have made this, the age, and what it might have been used for? It’s so lovely and the porcelain is phenomenal in it’s fineness, I’m almost afraid to touch it!

thank you!
    Jem DA10E8DA-0468-43EB-8A16-7627FF91859F.jpeg AC39F89D-822C-457C-A929-8F4548C008B7.jpeg 48564112-C8B8-4A2D-BE2E-D2E816D046A6.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  2. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Active Member

Whoops! Didn’t mean to post the images x3! Sorry for the photo spam!——thanks for the photo fix y’all. Think I got it now ;D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

You can still edit & delete just as you would text.

Vesuvia and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Some sort of oriental celadon wine cup

judy, Vesuvia and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

While the edit button is still showing, you can delete your extra pictures. The edit button disappears after a while.

Edit, More Options, there will be a Delete button next to the pictures you want to get rid of. Save.

The Edit button is at the very bottom of your post.

Any Jewelry, judy and Vesuvia like this.
  6. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Active Member

Beautiful! Thank you!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I didn’t mind the extra photos, it’s so pretty! ;)

8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

It does look a bit like egg shell porcelain, but it’s hard to tell from the photo. The following about Chinese egg shell porcelain is copied from gotheborg.com: The production of modern eggshell porcelain started around 1916 during the period of Hongxian (1915-1916). In the planning of his official ware they settled for looking at the Yongzheng period as a model for the decoration after first having considered the Song dynasty. This is the most important reason for the revival of Famille rose enamel painting on porcelain at this time and a reason why the Yongzheng mark also speaks for the 1920's. During the 1920-30 eggshell ware became an important part of the total production program in Jingdezhen with well over 3300 men occupied by 1928. A serious break in production took place when the Japanese took Jingdezhen in 1937 after a surprise attack on Shanghai in 1932, the most important export harbor city. Eggshell thin porcelain is still made up to this day but most of it is decorated with enamels. Most of the less expensive pieces have their borders added with transfer prints and only the main decoration is hand painted.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted