Featured Either of these NA please?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Houseful, May 31, 2020.

1. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Having a sort out and found these, picked up in the U.K. so no info. They are both 16 inches long. The fluted bead one has no silver marks, the other coral one has a mark, maybe the maker on the fastening. I think they are silver. I’ve seen some beads online like the fluted ones, said to be NA but mine seems a bit short in the length in comparison. Any info please? Thanks.
    9C05FE2D-07FE-47B8-A8F1-9D71C54A1F52.jpeg 3EE41B57-2B14-4DF2-A6EA-BE7212C3E24A.jpeg 1988F1D9-6FF6-453D-9D5E-F405DDDBBC24.jpeg 24DDDC3C-9D02-4A07-85BE-AC264808DF84.jpeg 7E58A765-58A5-4318-9444-61DD1FDFCF3B.jpeg

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

I had a similar to your coral one, bought in Rajasthan 10 years ago:)

3. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Agree neither are NA. I would have guessed Afghani but agree that they’re most likely from one of the “stans”. @Any Jewelry

I like them both!

4. Houseful

Thanks. I’m still looking around in Asian websites but did find a fastening very similar to mine on a Virginia Tso NA necklace. This may be a common style used everywhere though.
    2E1FD11B-997D-477B-9E4F-7359AC9E12F5.jpeg

reader and scoutshouse like this.
  5. Houseful

Thanks Kyra, I’ve found this one from Rajasthan which has some similar small bobble type beads.
    B6394E21-1B07-49D6-B209-BCFE6EB73932.jpeg

reader and scoutshouse like this.
  6. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

7. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I hope AJ can check in but in my experience NA fluted beads are not triangulated like the OP’s. I certainly could be wrong but there is something definitely “mid eastern Asian” to me about those beads. Totally apologize if they are NA.

Any Jewelry and Houseful like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely necklaces, House, I like them. They are both from India.
    Agree, that is more Asian.
    Not similar enough though.;)
    One of the Indian clasps has a classic Indian elegant S-hook, the other has a hook which has a sharp bend at the end. One of your India necklaces has a single ring to hook into, the other has a ring with a teardrop shape.
    The Southwest Native American hooks are like the one in the link. The rings that go with those Native American hooks are usually an 8-shape, also seen in the link. They never have that round ring-teardrop combo.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    reader and Houseful like this.
  9. Houseful

Thanks AJ. I see what you mean regarding the fastening. I’m still looking around, there seem to be modern beads that are more triangular like mine sold on Etsy but I do think mine are older. It’s a nice wearable necklace so it’s joined that pile having been at the bottom of another neglected unknown pieces pile.

kyratango, reader and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Houseful

Thanks for tagging AJ. I’m always happy to learn so thanks for your input.

kyratango, reader and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

The ones on Etsy are likely to be Chinese. The shape is pretty generic Asian.

I'm glad they are allowed to stay, they're lovely.:)

kyratango, reader and Houseful like this.
  12. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting AJ. I didn’t know where they were from but I knew in my soul that they weren’t NA. There was just something so distinctly Asian (in this case India) about the bicone shape and the finishing. I thought maybe a Stan or Tibet. Glad I wasn’t nuts lol. I have some beautiful NA handmade beads, rounds, lozenges, tubes, etc. but nothing like these.

Houseful and Any Jewelry like this.
  13. Any Jewelry

Never!:)

reader likes this.
  14. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

15. reader

reader Well-Known Member

❤️

Any Jewelry likes this.
  16. Houseful

I saw those thanks Bronwen, they are much thicker than mine which are paper thin. I think mine are silver not plated but will get round to testing them.

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  17. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I’m so glad I found Antiquers. I don’t remember how I even found you guys but what a treasured resource you all are. For those in the urban US, stay safe everyone. It’s crazy dangerous with rioting in our cities right now.

Any Jewelry, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted